Gallery at a Glance is for visual art only. For constructive comments on literature, please visit one of our other projects.
How This Works
- Once you have signed up, everyone is sorted into groups of three.
- You will be prompted, via note, to go to two gallery pages and leave one constructive comments each within a week of being prompted - if your group members have questions for you, these will be indicated in the note.
- Your comments must be at least 100 words of deviation-related content. Your group members questions and your introduction do not count towards this word limit.
Your comment will not be accepted if they are under 100 words.
- Once you have commented, reply to this journal with a link to your comment.
FAQ #14: How do I create a link to a specific comment?
While we expect these comments to be constructive in order to help artists' growth, we also want to help artists see what their viewers are seeing. Be honest and tell them your first impressions, thoughts, and feelings. If an artist has a lot of different mediums, different subject matters, or their style changes, you can still look for general strengths, weaknesses and themes, and offer your insight on how you see their art evolving and changing.
Some questions to keep in mind when commenting:
- How has the artist improved? In what areas?
- What overall impression do I get? What themes do I see?
- Are they good at telling stories? Are they good at experimentation? Are they good at making one piece flow into the other? What are they good at?
- Are there similar issues in several pieces? What are they and how could the artist improve?
- Are there similar colour schemes or compositions used throughout the gallery? What other similarities and differences do you notice?
- Overall, what do the pieces tell me about the artist?
Take note of what the artist is going for, and try to help them along in the direction that they want to go. For example, if someone’s gallery is full of animal art, it is not helpful to tell them “you should branch out into humans” or “you need to focus more on environments”. Instead, help them improve on the areas that they are working within. Feel free to use specific examples and refer to pieces in order to make sure that the artist knows what you’re talking about!
Sign Up Now!
- Choose a folder or page from your gallery that you would like to have evaluated.
- Reply to this journal and link us to your chosen folder or page.
- State whether you would like the comments on the gallery page itself, or elsewhere (state where). If you do not state where you would like the comment your group members will be encouraged to leave it on the gallery page.
- Make sure to include any specific questions you would like to have answered. Please keep your questions to a 5 limit maximum.
14. FadingSpectrum, Sparkleswords, DanielFosterScotland (Started 06/22)
15. Sid-axn, Saiivee, brechdaslicht (Started 06/24)
10. camir, Hikatsuke, moonlight-fox(Started 06/22, Ended 06/26)
11. moppiwolf, J5hsfUncharted, SketchThePony13 (Started 06/22, Ended 06/25)
12. Mango-Nectar, Fluffy-fez, MagicFanny (Started 06/22, Ended 06/22)
13. Blue-Forest-Phoenix, Virtuxa, evehartman (Started 06/22, Ended 06/25)
16. JerichoRambentSlayer, S0luti0ns, DarthCraftus (Started 06/24, Ended 06/25)
Archive for older finished groups